Software outsourcing- a popular solution for many enterprises to save time, money and also resource while still keeping the good results. That’s why a dedicated software outsourcing team becomes one of the big concerns in the market, and many IT agencies open every year. So, do you know what is the most important point when selecting an IT team?
Yes, as the title of the blog, Client Communication.
Why Client Communication?
There are many reasons why client communication is the key points in every business, because the communication before, during, and after the project will result in the success of the project.
Firstly, you have to get well communication with your clients to get the deals of outsourcing, to create the truth among your partners. Discussion, sending quotations, consulting the project features… all of them are based on communication. With good communication skills, a company can work with a partner to build an ideal software project.
Also, communication will help you understand the whole picture of the projects as well as suggest some solutions that you’ve never ever heard before. Your developer team- the main guys who create the app and improve the app quality will require great communication, then make sure all functions are clearly understood.
Good communication, besides, can help team work well together and quickly react in case of urgency, and keep the software projects follow the timelines.
How to improve client communication?
As the importance of communication, how to improve it?
· Link-up: Make sure your company and your partner always get connect to discuss and meet each other, so the whole team will be on the same page and try to achieve the same goal.
· Better understanding: Before starting to become a partner, let’s spend some time to better understand each other characters. Some information that you and your partner can share together besides working can be the favourite sport, foods, or other activities. During the exploring time, you can get a sense of their expectations and know how to satisfy them in the project.
· Creating a list: Everything related to works always need confirmation. That’s why the list is created to note down all information, requirements, expectations, questions, goals, timelines… so everyone cannot miss the information or slow down the whole team.
· Frequently connected: Make sure your partner remember you, so the weekly/monthly email to wish them in their birthdays, ask them about their business or send some tips and tricks help their business develop more effectively will be the good way to get connect with them and remind them about ours.
· Real-time communicates: Using the unique channel for daily update and working (as Slack or Chanty), where the whole team can discuss and raise their idea quickly, as well as record the workflow history. This will save a lot of time during the working process, as well as encourage people to communicate, open communication.
· Your appreciation: Every task has its goal, and just remember to say congrats after completing a task, this is a kind of give a kudos to encourage team member and show that you appreciate their hard works.
· Open discussion: It is normal if one unclear requirement slows down the whole process. To avoid this situation, the whole team should be encouraged to raise their voice and ask questions. An experienced software developermay know what they should make clear and doesn’t assume based on their personal idea.
· Reporting and updating: All owners, when they decide to invest in a software project, they have to get the status of the working process. Even they don’t remind you to send them the report frequently, as a software solution provider, you have to remember to support them as much as possible. Sending them the report even they are too busy to remind you will show the professional working style and attract more customers.
These tips can help you becomes a good provider that will be recommended by your current customers. As Adamo Digital, we always try our best to improve not only the working environment but also the high-end quality products to end user.